It doesn’t matter if this is an old mattress, or if this is a new mattress, getting stains out can be hard. This isn’t something that you can just throw in the washing machine to get it washed.
One thing that you need to get out of your mattress as soon as possible is urine. The good news is that there are many ways on how you can get urine out of a mattress. You just need to find the right method to clean a mattress correctly, without ruining it further. This is everything you need to know about how to get pee out of a mattress.
Pet Urine or Human Urine Can Ruin a Mattress
It is important to know that pet urine or human urine can ruin a mattress and that you should make sure that you are getting it out of a mattress as soon as possible. If you leave it for too long, it will stain the mattress, and it will be harder to get the smell and the stain out of the mattress.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if this is pet urine or human urine on the mattress, the cleaning method remains the same.
Using the Right Method is Essential
There are different methods on how you can clean urine out of a mattress. However, the secret is that you need to make sure that you are choosing the right method. There is also some type of mattresses that can be ruined if you are choosing the wrong method of cleaning.
Its why you should do as much research about the type of mattress that you have and the best way to clean that mattress. Then, you will have a mattress that is cleaned from any urine but without the damage.
Different Ways on How You Can Get Pee Out of a Mattress
The good news is that there are many different ways on how you can get pee out of a mattress. You might want to try more than one method before you can find the one that will work best for you. These are the different ways on how you can get urine out of a mattress, without ruining the mattress any further.
- You can handwash the mattress, without using too much water.
- Use a carpet cleaner to clean the mattress the same way and to leave it to dry.
- Use the different ways of cleaning the mattress without using any water, to clean the mattress correctly.
- Or, you can hire a professional to get the mattress clean for you.
The Best Way to Get Any Urine or Stains Out of a Mattress
Most people will consider hiring a professional to get the stains cleaned. And, even if this is the best option, this can be really expensive and not everyone can afford it. So, most people prefer to clean the mattress themselves. This is the guide in cleaning the mattress yourself to get any urine or other stains out of your mattress, without any problems. You will need vinegar, baking soda, and paper towels. You should remove all the bedding and put it in the wash for a good clean
- Spray vinegar on all the stains and the urine on the mattress. Don’t soak the mattress too much. You want it wet, not soaked. Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle the baking soda over the vinegar and let it soak for another couple of minutes. You will see that the baking soda and vinegar is having a chemical reaction. Rub most of the baking soda off, with the paper towels.
- Leave to dry and vacuum or brush the rest of the baking soda off the mattress.
- Repeat if there are still stains on the mattress.
Now, you know exactly how to get pee out of your mattress. You don’t need to replace your mattress, just because you have some urine on it, or if you have some other stains that you don’t know how to get out.